Skip To Nav

Site-specific menu


Apply now to WMU

Begin the application process by selecting the option below that's right for you.


If you are a current high school student or high school graduate and you have not attended another college, complete the freshman application. To learn more, visit the freshman admissions page.


If you have graduated from high school or completed the GED, are currently enrolled in a college or have completed one or more semesters of college, complete the transfer application. To learn more, visit the transfer admissions page.


If you are applying for a master's, specialist, doctoral or certificate program, complete the appropriate graduate application.

Graduate applications submitted prior to September 2, 2014
Electronic applications submitted prior to September 2, 2014 will continue to follow the current admission review process. Applicants can check the status of their application by continuing to use the former system.


If you are not a United States citizen and do not have an I-551 Permanent Resident Card or documentation of asylum or refugee status, please follow this link for information on applying for either undergraduate or graduate studies. To learn more, visit the international admissions information page.


Undergraduate readmission

Undergraduate Readmission: If you previously attended WMU or applied within the past two years but never enrolled, click on “Undergraduate Readmission” below. Note: If you were academically dismissed, you must complete this application and meet with an academic advisor in the WMU college you wish to enter.

Graduate readmission

If you are seeking readmission to a graduate program in which you were previously admitted and enrolled, click on “Graduate Readmission” below. If you are applying for a different graduate program, click on “Graduate” on the menu on the left.

Non degree admission application

If you are not seeking a degree and only wish to take classes, you may apply for Non-Degree status. Non-Degree status may limit both course and financial aid options. Acceptance for Non-Degree does not constitute degree admission to WMU.

Senior citizen's opportunity program in education

If you are 62 years of age or older, and are interested in taking classes for non-credit, then you can apply for our Senior Citizen's Opportunity Program in Education. The application fee is waived for SCOPE applicants. Students who want to register for credit are not eligible for SCOPE. Read more about SCOPE.

Certified teacher or K-12 administrators seeking continuing certification

If you are a certified teacher or school administrator seeking to take classes as needed for state certification and are not seeking to pursue a graduate degree at this time, use this application.