The Institute of Government and Politics in the Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University introduces students, faculty and the greater Kalamazoo community to scholars of politics and political actors from outside the University and to the current research of departmental faculty and students. The institute teams with student groups throughout the university to arrange these campus visits and is an outreach arm of the Department of Political Science.
Focus of institute events
- American politics and government
- International and comparative politics
- Political theory
- Diplomatic and consular officials
- Federal policymakers
- State and local elected officials
- Sam Clark Lecture
- George Klein Lecture
- Distinguished Alumni Lectures
- Upcoming lectures
- October 2, 2014, 2:00-3:00 p.m., Department of Political Science Library (3301 Friedmann Hall) - "Order in Chaos: Intra-Party Coordination in Proportional Representation Systems"
José Antonio Cheibub, University of Illinois
- Past lectures
March 13, 2014, 11:00 a.m., Department of Political Science Library - "’The Ties that Bind’: Political Theory and Critical Political Science"
Nancy Love, Appalachian State University
April 17, 2014, 11:00 a.m., Department of Political Science Library - "Diasporas and Contested Sovereignty"
Maria Koinova, University of Warwick (UK)
For more information, contact Peter Wielhouwer.