This program is for you
This program is for you if you are interested in:
- Developing a solid foundation in the biochemistry and microbiology involved in fermentation.
- Gaining first-hand experience going through the process of brewing, from “grain to glass.”
- Understanding the history and social forces that were the cause and effect of brewing in human civilization.
- Forming a sensitivity for the ethics of sustainability and obtain relevant skills, such as life-cycle analysis.
- Examining the place that food production and distribution occupy in human culture and the environmental impact of associated energy demand, water use, waste management, and local sourcing.
- Learning fundamental business skills to manage and grow the beverage and food industry and respond to changing markets.
- Developing critical thinking skills to evaluate how and why the brewing industry can become more sustainable.