BTR Park Newsletter
Catch up on the latest news from the more than 50 private-sector park businesses in the BTR Park Fall/Winter 2017 Newsletter, including these stories:
- Tekna picks up multiple 2017 design awards.
- Fleis & VandenBrink recognized as a "Hot Firm" as company approaches 25th anniversary.
- WMed Innovation Center announces new workspace--The Workbench--and three new clients.
- BTR Phase 2.0 in final design stage.
- Kalexsyn chili chef takes first place for the second time in park's Chili Cookoff.
Medical device workshop for entrepeneurs
The WMed Innovation Center is hosting a two-day, intensive medical device development workshop on February 5 and 6, which will be followed by a one-hour seminar regarding patent searching, trademark filing, and more. The workshop and seminar are open to entrepreneurs in the field. Registration required: Workshop and seminar.
Welcome to the BTR Park
The Business Technology and Research Park is a high-tech business development that shares WMU’s Parkview Campus with the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The park’s location means partner firms in the life sciences, advanced engineering and information technology will have regular opportunities to interact with the faculty, research staff and students of one of the nation’s top public universities.
- Adjacent to Western Michigan University’s $70 million College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Two-hour drive from Chicago and Detroit near the junction of I-94 and U.S. 131.
- Ten minutes from major airline service at the Kalamazoo-Battle Creek International Airport.
- Chicago and Detroit are 140 miles from Kalamazoo, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Milwaukee are all within a 250-mile radius.