Community Living Services for Adults
About Community Living Services
Community Living Services are used to maintain or increase a person’s independence while obtaining personal goals of community inclusion and participation, self-sufficiency or productivity. Supports are often provided within the individuals home or in a community setting. Community Living Services are appropriate for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as those requiring assistance throughout the day.
Our dedicated staff provide face-to-face skills training and personal assistance to help increase a consumers level of independence in their home and community. This can include assisting, prompting, reminding, cueing, observing, guiding and/or training in the following activities:
- Meal preparation
- Activities of daily living (e.g., bathing, eating, dressing, personal hygiene)
- Shopping for food and other necessities of daily living
Staff also assist, support and/or train consumers with the following activities:
- Money management
- Non-medical care
- Socialization and relationship building
- Transportation to community activities
- Participation in regular community activities and recreation opportunities (e.g., attending classes, movies, concerts and events in a park, volunteering and voting)
- Attendance at medical appointments
Cost of Services
We currently have a contract with Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (ISK) to provide funding for CLS. If your loved does not have a funding source, there are private pay options for services. We serve individuals up to 25 hours a week. To start a service plan, please contact us to get started.
To see if your loved one qualifies for funding through the county, call the 24-hour Kalamazoo County access center line at (269) 373-6000.
Get started today
For more information about our services, please contact the coordinator at (269) 387-7994. A referral form will need to be completed to begin an intake process.
Individuals currently attending YAP are eligible for CLS before and after graduation.