Thank you for your patience and resilience as we face the unprecedented challenge of managing Center for Disability Services and Adult Wellness Programs operations under a public health crisis while continuing to provide the high-quality services to our participants, clients and consumers. Information for consumers, families and guardians.
We have decided to temporarily close our day services, both at the EWB (community connections skill building day program) on campus, and the Adult Wellness Center where our senior day services are located. Services remaining open include:
- Supports Coordination
- In-home care services and CLS.
What we are doing to ensure health and safety:
- Staff are on top of cleaning procedures in the remaining open services. We are increasing focus and intensity on high-touch areas, such as switches, tables and door knobs.
What you can do to be safe and keep others on campus safe:
- Tell us if you have traveled, or plan personal travel so that we can assist with a self-quarantine of 14 days. Send an email to email@example.com or call (269) 387-8400;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid close contact with others, if you get sick;
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, visit your doctor (call ahead).
- Stay informed. https://wmich.edu/covid-19
We will continue to keep you informed as new information becomes available or if the situation changes. Our best approach is a vigilant, measured and proactive response. If we work together, we can do a great deal to help keep the entire community safe.