The Evaluation Checklist Project’s mission is to advance excellence in evaluation by providing high-quality checklists to guide practice.
See the Evaluation Checklist Project Charter for details about the project’s vision and values, a list of criteria for high-quality evaluation checklists, and an outline of the evaluation tasks areas around which the project's checklist collection is organized.
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new checklists and field testing opportunities!
Evaluation Checklist Project TEAM
Editor: Lori Wingate
Associate Editor: Lyssa Wilson Becho
Associate Editor: Emma Leeburg
The Evaluation Checklist Project began in 1999 with funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) as part of an effort to build evaluation capacity among STEM education evaluators. From 2005 through 2017, the project operated with limited expansion and no dedicated funding.
In 2017, The Evaluation Center received funding from the Faster Forward Fund to improve and expand the project. The following individuals served on the Evaluation Checklist Project task force to guide work supported by the Faster Forward Fund:
- Valerie Caracelli, Senior Social Science Analyst, Center for Evaluation Methods and Issues, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Scott Chaplowe, Director of Evidence Measurement and Evaluation, Children's Investment Fund Foundation
- Huilan Krenn, Director of Learning and Impact, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Dominica McBride, Founder/CEO, Become: Center for Community Engagement and Social Change
- Goldie MacDonald, Associate Director for Evaluation in the Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- John LaVelle, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota
- Veronica Olazabal, Lead of Measurement and Evaluation, Rockefeller Foundation
- Veena Pankaj, Director, Innovation Networks, Inc.
RESOURCES ABOUT EVALUATION CHECKLISTS
These materials were created early in the project’s development and continued to inform the project’s evolution:
Checklist for Formatting Checklists by Barbara Bichelmeyer
Guidelines for Checklist Development and Assessment by Daniel Stufflebeam
The Logic and Methodology of Checklists by Michael Scriven
The Ten Commandments, Constitutional Amendments, and Other Evaluation Checklists by Daniel Stufflebeam