The Architecture and Design Division is an entity of the Facilities Management Department at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. We contribute to the success of the University by creating sustainable spaces that enrich the lives of those who use them, emphasizing the University culture. Our division provides the University’s built environment with professional services including:
- Oversight of renovation and remodeling projects for all WMU campuses.
- Design services in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, including state-mandated LEED® sustainability certification, life safety and installation of signage in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
- Design services in compliance with all WMU standards and practices and with contracted construction specifications.
- Design services for renovation and remodeling projects for the WMU built environment.
- Design support on large capital projects.
- Design services and fabrication of WMU signage needs including wide format printing, computerized engraving, vinyl layout and cutting at the WMU Sign Shop.
- Services for synthesis and coordination of specialty disciplines such as custodial services, engineering (including lighting, electrical and mechanical engineering), information technology, public safety and security.
The Architecture and Design Division is comprised of trained professionals in following fields:
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Project Management
The Architecture and Design Division is located in the Campus Services Building on WMU's East Campus. The building is on the corner of Oliver Street and Cass, near the College of Health and Human Services. View on map