The Facilities Management Department of Western Michigan University is a unit of the Office of Business and Finance. Facilities Management provides all facility services to campus customers in a professional manner that exemplifies positive customer services and stewardship.
Facilities Management aspires to be the Best in Class.
The mission of Facilities Management is to support student success through responsible stewardship of the University's natural and built environment.
Facilities Management values:
- Trust, to establish and maintain through fairness, empowerment and reliability in all relationships.
- Service, to deliver in an exceptional manner to the campus community.
- Communication, to perform in an open and honest manner through listening and follow up in all interactions.
- Sustainability, to leave our campus in a better condition than before.
- 439 employees.
- 8 million square feet of university space.
- 1,200 acres.
- 49 miles of utilities.
- 39 miles of sidewalk and 26.5 lane miles of roadway.
- Annual dispatch of 72 million KWh of electricity and 510 million pounds of steam.