University-based Professional Category Management Certification
The Professional Category Management Certification offered by WMU and LE is the only university-based category management certification program on the market today that offers industry professionals advanced category management skills. Grounded in the 60-plus year heritage of the food and consumer package goods marketing program at Western and the thought leadership of the Food Industry Research and Education Center, WMU's program offers the most advanced certification available to the global fast-moving consumer goods industry and is the only category management program where the certifications are recognized as credit hours toward earning an AACSB-accredited graduate certificate in food marketing (certificate program expected in fall 2022).
“We are pumped about bringing this innovative university-based program to partners in the food industry, as well as to other universities with food marketing-focused programs. The certification confirms and expands on participant understanding of current category management theory and marketing principles. The training provides knowledge and tools for developing and implementing consumer-centric category strategies in the context of the global omnichannel markets for food and fast-moving consumer goods retail channels.” - Dr. Russell Zwanka, associate professor
You can expect:
- Food marketing faculty and industry experts developing the content and providing the instruction.
- Research insights and guidance from the Food Industry Research and Education Center (FIRE) at WMU’s Haworth College of Business.
- Affordable prices that make the training an incredible value.
The WMU Professional Category Management Certification offers:
- An innovative program for partners in the food industry, as well as to other universities with food marketing-focused programs.
- Level 1 and Level 2 Category Management Certification, which confirms and expands upon participant understanding of current category management theory and marketing principles.
- Knowledge and tools for developing and implementing consumer-centric category strategies in the context of the global omnichannel markets for food and fast-moving consumer goods retail channels.
Who should enroll in WMU Professional Category Management Certification?
- Food industry professionals looking to advance knowledge and skills in category management.
- Entry-level merchants and operators.
- Food marketing students.
- Food companies looking to increase overall ability to connect with customers.
- People who want to win!
Sessions are offered on an ongoing basis and can begin anytime for you or your team members.