B.S. in physical education.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to a full-time sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student majoring in a teacher education program offered in the Department of Human Performance and Health Education at Western Michigan University.
- It is the donor’s intent that the scholarship be given to a teacher education major who demonstrates a personal commitment to sports; if no such person applies, a teacher education major alone would be eligible.
- It is the donor’s hope that the award be made to a student who, in the estimation of the department faculty, walks to the beat of a different drummer.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Niles High School (Niles, Michigan) or a graduate of a high school located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Minimum of a 2.8 cumulative GPA.
To be determined by the Department of Human Performance and Health Education.
Decisions on the award are made during the spring semester. Half of the award funds are disbursed to the student’s account during the following fall semester and the remaining half is disbursed during the following spring semester. The student must have full-time status and a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA during these semesters for the award funds to be disbursed.