The fund shall support students in the Human Performance and Health Education programs for costs associated with educational activities and/or special athletics opportunities, such as internships, field placements, attendance at and travel for conferences, study abroad, or competitions outside of regular season intercollegiate athletics.
Eligible students will:
- Have a declared major or minor in the HPHE department
- Demonstrate involvement in advancing women's athletic and teaching opportunities
- Have completed 24 credit hours at WMU
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Preference shall be given to students who: (1) are members of groups that are underrepresented in human performance and health education at WMU, such as women, African Americans, Native Americans or Hispanics; or (2) have orver obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantage or disabilities, or who are the first generation in their family to attend college. The university may modify or disregard any selection criteria if determined to be contrary to law or then existing university policy.
- Students may reapply for funds in subsequent years