KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Fourteen Western Michigan University staff members will be honored as outstanding employees during a reception at 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 1, in Room 157 Bernhard Center.
The University community is invited to attend the event, which recognizes the fall 2014 recipients of WMU's semiannual Make a Difference Award. The recipients will each receive $300, before taxes, and a commemorative certificate.
Fall semiannual award recipients
- Julie Carr, Career and Student Employment Services
- Luacia Dixon, Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Debora Karnemaat, Sindecuse Health Center
- Sandra Kelly, Office of Information Technology
- Michelle Loedeman, Accounting Services-accounts receivable
- Pamela Mottley, Department of English
- Raymond Murphy, Facilities Management-maintenance services
- Matthew Page, Department of Public Safety
- Sarah Pratt, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Lorrie Racine, Office of Admissions
- Caroline Ray, Haworth College of Business
- Christine Robinson, Haworth College of Business
- Amy Seth, University Recreation
- Tara Severino, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
Make a Difference awards
The Make a Difference Award Program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Up to 15 staff members may receive the award in each of two semiannual award periods every academic year. These fall and spring semiannual award winners constitute the pool from which four Annual Make a Difference Award recipients—the best of the best—are chosen. The annual award comes with a before-tax prize of $1,200.
All award winners are selected by a committee of their peers from the participating employee groups of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees as well as the Michigan State Employees Association, Police Officers Association, and Staff Compensation System, members of which are represented by the Administrative Professional Association and Professional Support Staff Organization.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.
Time to make nominations for fall Make a Difference awards | Oct. 6, 2014