KALAMAZOO, Mich.—A week of activities aimed at honoring the contributions of part-time faculty members has been scheduled as Western Michigan University holds its first Part-time Instructors Appreciation Week Feb. 23-27.
The week kicks off with a Monday, Feb. 23, luncheon at which WMU senior leadership honors eight part-time instructors who have been honored by their respective colleges with teaching excellence awards. President John M. Dunn, Provost Timothy Greene and other University leaders will attend.
Instructors to be recognized
- Jeff Abshear, Frostic School of Art, College of Fine Arts.
- Elise DeCamp, departments of Anthropology and Sociology, College of Arts and Sciences and Lee Honors College.
- Hedy Habra, Department of Spanish, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Britt Hartenberger, Department of Anthropology, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Aaron Kinzel, Department of Sociology, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Mary McCrumb, Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology, College of Education and Human Development.
- David Paul, Department of Philosophy, College of Fine Arts and Sciences.
- Sydnee Peters, Frostic School of Art, College of Fine Arts.
- Tracy Young, Department of Occupational Therapy, College of Health and Human Services.
On Wednesday, Feb. 25, a hospitality suite for part-time instructors will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 105 Bernhard Center. Coffee, snacks and lunch will be available for all part-time faculty members, as they are invited to drop by, get out of the cold and enjoy the warmth of good food and conversations with colleagues.
And finally, on Friday, Feb. 27, the campuswide gathering known as Friday With Friends will be dedicated to recognizing the impact on WMU of part-time instructors. The event will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Fetzer Center.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.