KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Ten Western Michigan University staff members were honored as outstanding employees during a Dec. 3 reception in the Bernhard Center to recognize the fall 2015 recipients of WMU's semiannual Make a Difference Award.
The recipients each received $300, before taxes, and a commemorative certificate. They are:
- Sheila Atherton, Accounts Receivable
- Jayne P. Fraley-Burgett, Disability Services for Students
- Kathleen MacKenzie, Department of Theatre
- Delores J. Minshall, Office of Information Technology
- Johnny L. Paige, Bernhard Center
- Renee M. Pearl, Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Emma Perk, Evaluation Center
- Teri Schrimpf, Office of Institutional Research
- Karen M. Steeno, Career and Student Employment Services
- Joe VanDerBos, Sindecuse Health Center
About the program
The Make a Difference Award Program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Award winners are selected by a committee comprised of their peers. Recipients of each year's fall and spring semiannual award are in the running to receive one of WMU's four Annual Make a Difference Awards.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/ makeadifference.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.