KALAMAZOO—Seventeen Western Michigan University graduate students were recognized for outstanding poster demonstrations of their research at the 11th annual WMU Research and Creative Activities Poster and Performance Day.
Nearly 200 members of the campus community attended the event, which showcased the scholarly and creative works of WMU graduate students. There were 48 poster presentations representing 19 departments from across the University.
Winning poster demonstrations
- Ama Agyeiwaa Abrokwah, economics
- Ahmed Sulaiman M Alharbi, computer science
- Hasnaa Imad Al-Shaikhli, computer science
- Ruth Bates-Hill, public affairs and administration
- Andrew Bentley, science education
- Ryan Castillo, sociology
- Cynthia Cooley-Themm, biological sciences
- Ryan Filbin, geography
- Katie Gaviglio, chemical and paper engineering
- Erin Grabarczyk, biological sciences
- Jagjit Kaur, physics
- Megan Kuk, industrial and entrepreneurial engineering and engineering management
- Robert Makin, electrical and computer engineering
- Daniel Abraham Mengistu, economics
- Frank Ofori, economics
- Lusanni Acosta Rodriguez, civil and construction engineering
- Qi Zhang, educational leadership, research, and technology
The April 13 event was sponsored by a variety of colleges and University offices, including the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Graduate College.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.