KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Vocal ensemble MOSS, the Western Jazz Quartet, University Jazz Orchestra, Gold Company and Advanced Jazz Ensemble will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, in Western Michigan University's Dalton Center Recital Hall.
Tickets are $20 general admission, $10 for seniors and $5 for students, and are available from Miller Auditorium online or by calling (269) 387-2300 or (800) 228-9858.
Vocal supergroup MOSS intertwines jazz, classical, pop, folk, electronica, world music and poetry into a unique sonic species of art. It consists of five distinctive vocalists:
- Theo Bleckmann, the effusive German-American meistersinger and ECM-recording artist.
- Peter Eldridge, a melodic poet whose evocative songwriting wanders freely and deeply from genre to genre, also a member of the vocal quartet New York Voices.
- Kate McGarry, a Grammy-nominated vocal polymath equally at home with jazz and folk traditions.
- Lauren Kinhan, idiosyncratic composer, wordsmith and vocalist who also shares the New York Voices footprint.
- Newest member, Brooklyn-based Australian Jo Lawry, a singer-songwriter rooted in jazz who has become well-known beyond jazz circles for her work with Sting, Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel.
For more information about the concert, visit wmich.edu/music or call (269) 387-4667.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.