KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Nominations for the spring 2018 round of Western Michigan University's semiannual Make a Difference awards are due Wednesday, Feb. 28.
Make a Difference is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes staff members for their accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity. It features semiannual and annual awards presented to non-faculty employees who provide exceptional service to the University.
Every fall and spring, semiannual awards are presented to a maximum of 15 people. Those selected for the accolade receive a before-tax prize of $300 and a certificate, are recognized at a special reception, and may be nominated for one of four annual Make a Difference awards that carry a before-tax prize of $1,200.
The annual award goes to each year's most outstanding semiannual award recipients—the best of the best. Employees may win a semiannual award, and therefore an annual award, no more than once every five academic years.
Eligible employee groups
Nominations for Make a Difference awards are accepted for individuals who are eligible for membership in the following five employee groups:
- Administrative Professional Association (nonbargaining group for salaried benefits-eligible Staff Compensation System employees)
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Michigan State Employees Association
- Police Officers Association
- Professional Support Staff Organization (nonbargaining group for hourly benefits-eligible Staff Compensation System employees)
For more information, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference. Nomination instructions and forms as well as lists of previous winners are available year-round on this webpage.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.