| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University's student-run noncommercial radio station, WIDR 89.1 FM, was honored at a national conference in New York City earlier this month.
WIDR won an award for best underwriting spot at the 78th annual Intercollegiate Broadcasting System, or IBS, conference March 1-4. In addition, Glen Dillon, assistant director for Student Media, presented a session at the event titled, "Show Prep: What? Why? How?" discussing how students can be more prepared for on-air shifts.
This year's conference was the largest in IBS history, featuring over 150 speakers. including nationally syndicated radio personalities and best-selling authors. The event's more than 100 sessions and tours attracted 1,600 attendees from all over the world.
WIDR conference attendees included:
- Senior Annie Kustasz of Clinton Township, Michigan, general manager
- Sophomore Josh Moran of Ann Arbor, Michigan, program director
- Senior Andrew Paulissen of Dexter, production director
- Senior Amber Zundel of Roseville, Michigan, promotion director
- Senior Antonio Mitchell of Kalamazoo, business director
- Senior Jeff Simmonds of Vicksburg, Michigan, music director
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.