KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University is looking to fill 150 volunteer spots for the Color Run 5K race in Kalamazoo slated for Saturday, April 14.
As a nonprofit sponsor for the event, WMU's Student Recreation Center receives additional dollars for facility improvements annually by securing volunteer participation. To volunteer, visit bit.ly/kzoocolorrun18.
Volunteers are needed Friday, April 13, at a location to be determined, and Saturday, April 14, at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place in downtown Kalamazoo. Anyone who volunteers for a shift on Friday will receive a free race entry for Saturday.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for race check-in and to hand out race packets.
- 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. for race check-in and to hand out race packets.
- 7:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. for race day check-in and to greet runners.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., to rev up the crowd, toss color and hand out water.
- Noon to 4 p.m. for race-day cleanup.
For more information, contact Chris Voss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.