KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University's Department of Human Performance and Health Education will honor standout alumni as well as faculty and student achievements during its 17th annual Alumni Honor Academy Breakfast from 9:45 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 14, at the Fetzer Center.
The focus of the event is to provide public recognition for the professional accomplishments, contributions and service of outstanding alumni. Eight individuals who earned their degrees in health and human performance fields over the past 25 years will be honored at the luncheon for their achievements. Faculty achievements, students receiving scholarships and students holding leadership positions in their professional fields will also be recognized.
The cost to attend the luncheon, which is open to the public, is $20 per person, and the registration deadline is Friday, April 6. For more information and to register for the event, visit mywmu.com/hphehonoracademy.
2018 award recipients
- Tracy Ciucci, B.S. exercise science, 1999, and M.A. sport management, 2002
- Amy Gyorkos, M.A. exercise science, 2005
- Timothy Herrmann, B.S. exercise science/athletic training, 2001, and M.A. exercise science, 2005
- Greg Lukshaitis, B.S. physical education, 2006, and M.A. adaptive physical education, 2007
- Scott Michel, M.A. athletic training, 2002
- Rinard Pugh, B.S. school health education, 2006
- Sharon Duffy Scherr, B.S. physical education/dance, 1970
- Cindy Thomas, B.S. physical education/coaching, 1979
For more information, contact Dr. Yuanlong Liu, chair of the Department of Human Performance and Health Education, at (269) 387-2707.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.