| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Six Western Michigan University staff members will be honored as outstanding employees during a reception at 2 p.m. Monday, April 16, in 157 Bernhard Center.
The University community is invited to attend the event, which recognizes the spring 2018 recipients of WMU's Semiannual Make a Difference Award. Only members of the nonfaculty workforce of more than 1,800 people are eligible to receive the accolade.
Spring award recipients
- Laura Cornish, dance production supervisor, Department of Dance
- Katie DeCamp, unit manager, Valley Dining Center
- Brenda Hamlyn, veterans affairs coordinator, Registrar's Office
- Bette Ludwig, academic advisor, Department of Psychology
- Jeff Stone, deputy athletic director, Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Janice VandeVusse, senior office assistant, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
Make a Difference Awards Program
The Make a Difference Award Program is a campuswide peer-to-peer initiative that annually recognizes WMU staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Up to 15 staffers may be selected in each of two semiannual award periods. Semiannual winners receive a before-tax prize of $300. They are selected by a committee comprised of their peers.
Recipients of each year's fall and spring semiannual award are eligible to receive one of four annual Make a Difference Awards that carry a before-tax prize of $1,200. Those who earn the annual award represent the best of the best.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.