KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University's volleyball Broncos will host Hillsdale College at 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, in their first home match of the season.
The exhibition is the first contest before kicking off the 2018 campaign on Friday and Saturday, Aug. 24-25, at the Kangaroo Klassic, hosted by the University of Missouri-Kansas City. At the Kangaroo Klassic, the Broncos begin the season with a match-up against NCAA Tournament participant Austin Peay University before taking on UMKC and San Diego State University.
The volleyball Broncos will be home against Chicago State University at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 28, before heading to Indianapolis for the Hampton Inn Invitational. WMU will take on tournament host Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis Friday, Aug. 31, to begin the tournament, followed by Northern Arizona University and Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville Saturday, Sept. 1.
For the third year in a row, WMU will host a tournament at University Arena. The Broncos will square off with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Loyola University-Chicago Friday, Sept. 7, before challenging Canisius and Utah State University Saturday, Sept. 8.
WMU heads to East Lansing for its final non-conference tournament Friday and Saturday, Sept. 14-15, against University at Albany, University of Alabama at Birmingham and host school Michigan State University, before beginning Mid-American Conference play at home Friday, Sept. 21, versus Ball State University.
The Broncos host MAC West foe University of Toledo Saturday, Sept. 22, before embarking on a four-game road trip beginning Thursday, Sept. 27, at Northern Illinois University. WMU returns home for match-ups against University of Buffalo Friday, Oct. 12, and University of Akron Saturday, Oct. 13, before another four-game road swing starting Friday, Oct. 19, at Ohio University.
The Broncos have four straight home matches to end the season beginning Wednesday, Oct. 31, against Northern Illinois University. WMU then hosts defending MAC Tournament Champion, Miami University Saturday, Nov. 3. It will be a rematch of the 2017 MAC Tournament Championship game.
To end the season, the Broncos square off with in-state rivals Eastern Michigan University Friday, Nov. 9, and Central Michigan University Saturday, Nov. 10. WMU seeks its first MAC regular season title since 2008 and 10th overall.
The 2018 MAC Tournament will be held Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 15-18, in Oxford, Ohio, at Millett Hall on the campus of Miami University. WMU has won at least one game in the MAC Tournament every year since 2008.
2018 home schedule
- Friday, Aug. 17, 1 p.m., vs. Hillsdale College
- Tuesday, Aug. 28, 7 p.m., vs. Chicago State University
- Friday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m., vs. Milwaukee
- Friday, Sept. 7, 7 p.m., vs. Loyola University Chicago
- Saturday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., vs. Canisius College
- Saturday, Sept. 8, 7 p.m., vs. Utah State University
- Friday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., vs. Ball State University
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 7 p.m., vs. University of Toledo
- Friday, Oct. 12, 7 p.m., vs. University at Buffalo
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m., vs. University of Akron
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 7 p.m., vs. Northern Illinois University
- Saturday, Nov. 3, 7 p.m., vs. Miami (Ohio) University
- Friday, Nov. 9, 7 p.m., vs. Eastern Michigan University
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 7 p.m., vs. Central Michigan University
For more information, visit Bronco volleyball online.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.