KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The executive director of Urban Alliance, a local nonprofit working with the community to provide unemployed and underemployed people with the skills necessary to secure and maintain employment, will be the first speaker in the Mercantile Bank of Michigan Speaker Series at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business.
Luke Kujacznski will speak at 8 a.m. Friday, Sept. 27, in 1120 Schneider Hall. The event is free and open to the public and begins with breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (269) 387-5964 or online. Free parking is available in Schneider Hall Lot 72R.
Kujacznski joined Urban Alliance as a volunteer after successfully starting and running a business in the construction industry. Over time, Kujacznski served in multiple positions including second director and interim director of the Momentum Urban Employment initiative.
In 2015, he became executive director of Urban Alliance and led the organization to unprecedented growth. A staff of three part-time employees has grown to 15 full-time members and the operating budget has more than quadrupled to $2.5 million.
Kujacznski has a bachelor's degree in management and leadership development as well as extensive for-profit business experience. He was selected by the Grand Rapids Business Journal as a "40 under 40" business leader for making a significant impact in West Michigan.
about the series
The Mercantile Bank of Michigan Breakfast Speaker Series provides an opportunity for the local community to hear top business leaders and WMU faculty, alumni and friends of the Haworth College of Business discuss current topics of interest.
future mercantile bank of Michigan speakers
- Oct. 25, Kimberly Earnshaw, executive director, American Heart Association
- Nov. 22, Dr. Alan Rea, professor of business information systems, Western Michigan University
- Jan. 31, Connor Field, CEO, and Sam Field, CFO, Helios Solar
- Feb. 28, Bjorn Green, president and CEO, TowerPinkster
- March 27, Matt Neale, principal, Miller Canfield
- April 24, Mary Lynn Foster, regional CEO, American Red Cross
- May 15, Todd Sanford, president and CEO, Sanford Financial Services
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.