Dedicated to creating a stronger and more inclusive community.
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Increase awareness about the importance of civic engagement
- Promote feelings of empowerment
- Build cultural awareness
- Foster relationship skills
- Develop professional network
Service learning is a mutually beneficial endeavor in which course learning objectives are met by addressing community-identified needs--putting academics into practice. Projects require a minimum of 15 hours of service work outside the classroom and provide students with opportunities to be a part of the solution to challenges identified by our community partners. Service learning always includes a critical reflection of the experience and empowers community members, students, and faculty to create change.
Interested in receiving a service learning course designation?