Shelly Edgerton is Senior Counsel at Dykema, a leading national law firm, where she serves the Government Policy and Practice group.
Edgerton has more than 25 years of experience working in government at the local, state legislative and executive levels. In her role as Director of LARA, she was responsible for regulatory oversight and licensing management for the State of Michigan, and oversight of more than 2,000 employees for 23 bureaus and agencies, including Medical Marihuana, Fire, Building, Corporations, Occupational Safety & Health Administration, Workers Compensation, Professional Licensing, Community & Health Systems, Liquor, and Energy. She also oversaw the management of LARA’s IT and data systems.
- Political Science, Public Administration, 1981, WMU
- MPA, Public Administration, 1983, WMU
- Juris Doctor, Cooley Law School, 1987, WMU
- Favorite Book: A Time to Kill, by Grisham
- Success in one word: Transformation