The Web Users Group was created in 1999 to support and promote web publishing at Western Michigan University. WUG has:
- Created a forum and support network for WMU web publishers.
- Helped develop guidelines for consistent design across University sites.
- Utilized collective strength and served as an influential presence on campus.
- Endorsed the University's statement on shared objectives and values for the web.
The web touches all areas of the University, and all benefit from improvements to WMU's web presence. Given finite resources and the rapidity of technological change, the growing demands for web-based services can only be met through university-wide solutions that eliminate duplication of effort and foster efficiency.
Interested in serving on the leadership team? Listed are basic roles and responsibilities for the positions available. All positions should attend regular and leadership meetings held each month. Please contact a team member if interested in serving on the leadership team.
- President: Leads each meeting, schedules topics and arranges speakers.
- Vice president: Backup to the president and will lead meetings in their absence.
- Secretary: Take notes at each meeting and upload them to the WUG website. Also, make any needed updates to the website.
- Member at large: Give input at leadership meetings.