Study Abroad at WMU is a short-term option for international students to enroll at Western Michigan University.
- Study for one or two concurrent semesters.
- Study in English.
- Select courses not available at your home university from 140 undergraduate programs or from select graduate programs.
- Study English as a Second Language in WMU’s Center for English Language and Culture for International Students.
- Reasonable tuition.
- Travel to the United States on a J-1 visa (sponsored student).
- Free airport pickup from the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport.
- On-campus housing with WMU students.
- Located in the Midwest.
- Undergraduate students—Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Graduate students—Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT (550 PBT) or higher to enroll in regular academic classes (does not apply to ESL applicants).
- TOEFL score of 61 iBT (500 PBT) to enroll in ESL course and regular academic classes concurrently.
Tuition and fees are listed on the Study Abroad at WMU flier.
Review the following links for comprehensive application information.
- Application process
- Course information and selection
- English language requirements
- Health care and insurance
- International Student Handbook
- Ordering your WMU transcripts
- Things to bring
- WMU academic calendar
WMU Promotional Materials
For more information about Study Abroad at WMU, contact:
Study Abroad at WMU
c/o Dr. Jane Blyth
Haenicke Institute for Global Education
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5245 USA
Phone: (269) 387-5890
Fax: (269) 387-0630