This scholarship was established in memory of Colonel Charles E. Bayliss. It is awarded annually to a student based on academic performance.
Students must apply for scholarships through WMU's Scholarship Universe. Applications are due April 1.
AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT AND MONITORING
Scholarship award candidates will be notified of the scholarship awards by the CS department chair. Any unused or returned scholarships will be awarded to alternates previously reviewed and selected as general retention award candidates.
Eligibility and criteria for award
- All undergraduate students within the Department of Computer Science, are eligible to apply.
- Must be a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours/semester) at the time of application and when receiving funds.
- Students must be enrolled in good standing in an undergraduate CS program to receive their awards.
- Award preference will be given to students who have at least a 3.0 grade point average at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in CS Department.
- Recipients and amounts will be determined based on merit.
- The CS Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients and amounts of the scholarship.
- The minimum amount to be awarded to a student is $500.
- Awards will be made to student accounts in fall or spring term.
Students shall not receive funds from this scholarship in years in which they are recipients of the Computer Science Differential Tuition Scholarship or scholarships arising from the Medallion Program.