Partners in Dance is the Western Michigan University Department of Dance's community support organization. This organization promotes greater awareness of dance in the community, encourages participation at dance events, and generates funds for scholarships, special projects and the Great Works Dance Project.
Annually Partners in Dance participates in:
- Selection and presentation of the Community Dance Advocacy Award
- Producing the Dancing with WMU/Kazoo Stars Fundraiser with the Department of Dance
- Hosting the December Art Hop performance by the Western Dance Project and guests
- Bestowing tuition scholarships for WMU dance majors
- Providing summer conference support for WMU dance majors
- Other special events such as the bus trip and support for choreographic commissions
Membership privileges include discounts on tickets for Department of Dance concerts, invitations to special masterclasses, guest artist presentations and receptions, opportunities for field trips to professional dance performances. Your support as a member will be gratefully acknowledged in the Department of Dance programs.
Great Works Dance Project endowment fund
Partners in Dance is proud to raise funds to increase and safeguard the Great Works Dance Project Endowment Fund. The Great Works Dance Project is a unique program that brings the work of renowned choreographers to WMU students, faculty and staff and the greater Kalamazoo community. Since 1997, the WMU Department of Dance has produced 41 dances under the auspices of this special program.
Partners in Dance relies on your membership gift to support the next generation of dance professionals, advocate for dance in West Michigan and beyond, sponsor special events that bring together WMU and the greater Kalamazoo community and invest in innovative dance programming.
Thank you for supporting dance at Western Michigan University and in the greater Kalamazoo community.