The two-story, 67,000 square foot building is intended to be an anchor destination in Western Michigan University’s Valley Residential Neighborhood. It will be integrated with the surrounding natural wooded environment and serve all 12 residence halls in the valley. The center will seat about 1,000 guests. Although primarily serving students in the Valley I, II and III residence halls, it will be open to all WMU students, employees and visitors.
The $36 million new facility will overlook the pond and be situated on the north edge of Goldsworth Drive, just south of the Harrison-Stinson residence halls. The second floor will provide a restaurant style experience with numerous seating options to create a comfortable and social space for guests to connect with others during meals.
- Groundbreaking for Valley Dining Center: June 12, 2015
- Valley Dining Center Design presentation: April 10, 2015
- BOT Valley Dining Center presentation: Jan. 22, 2015
- Valley Dining Center name approved
- New dining center plans unveiled
- Final dining presentation scheduled
- New Valley Dining presentation
- Public input session held for Valley Dining Center: June 3, 2014
- Valley Dining planning session held: Feb. 25, 2014
- Public Dining planning session held: Nov. 14, 2012