Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5420 USA
- Ph.D., Business Administration, St. Louis University
- MBA, Sienna College, New York
- Bachelor's degree, Commerce, Cairo University
- Health care administration
Dr. Ali. M. Metwalli is a professor of finance and commercial law at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business.
Metwalli was born in Egypt and has served in the health care industry in various executive, research and consulting positions since 1965. He moved to Grand Rapids in 1980 to teach for WMU and served as the director of the MBA program on Grand Rapids campus from 1985 until the end of 1999. He continues to teach full time in the WMU graduate business program, research and consult independently.
He is active in numerous civic and University activities and:
- Is co-founder of MW Stone Importers, LTD.
- Is the founding board member (Shura Committee) of the Islamic Mosque and Religious Institute in Grand Rapids.
- Served for six years as a member of the board of directors of the West Central Michigan American Red Cross.
- Served on the advisory council for the American College of Health Care Executives.
- Was an at-large member to the ACLU of Michigan State Board of Directors for a three year term (2012-15).
Metwalli was nominated for the 2012 Faculty Teaching Award at the Haworth College of Business.
He has published in the Health Care Management Review and The Journal of Health Care Finance in addition to a long list of publications in a number of academic journals focusing on global business mergers and acquisitions. In 2006, he published his first book in the area of global business with a focus on mergers and acquisition in Asia.