Greenleaf Trust Trading Room
In the Greenleaf Trust Trading Room, Western Michigan University students experience stock prices scrolling across an electronic ticker, the Bloomberg Terminal providing real-time data on market movements, and world news updates on large screens in the front of the room. The atmosphere of the trading room enables Haworth College of Business students to experience the fast pace of Wall Street while in Kalamazoo.
The Greenleaf Trust Trading Room is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except when it is occupied by a class. Hours are subject to change.
What will I learn?
- Experience hands-on learning, using the hardware and software commonly used by finance professionals.
- Analyze the latest stock quotes.
- Build and test investment portfolios.
- Compare currency exchange rates.
- Scrutinize company fundamentals.
- Improves your readiness for careers in the financial sector.
- Enriches classroom experiences.
- Heightens your analytical skills through trading simulations.
- Expands your job prospects and builds your competitive advantage as a job seeker.
- Raises your awareness of real-time business activity.
- Creates a home for the Student Managed Investment Fund class, which manages a portfolio of WMU Foundation funds.
Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner
Western Michigan University is a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner, joining a select group of universities worldwide who have the designation. With open access to the Greenleaf Trust Trading Room between and after classes, many students use the Bloomberg Terminal to sharpen their finance skills beyond formal coursework.
Students benefit from the partnership by being able to:
- Gain experience with the most widely used financial data computer software system.
- Learn to use a primary tool of Wall Street.
- Earn the Bloomberg Market Concepts certificate as part of your coursework.