With your support, Western Michigan University's Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness will:
- Promote financial wellness and financial planning throughout the greater Kalamazoo community through workshops, seminars, summer camps and research.
- Foster and enhance the financial literacy of area high school students, college students and southwest Michigan communities.
- Provide financial coaching to students prior to key financial decisions via a network of experienced practitioners and student interns.
- Conduct and publish research related to the impact of financial literacy and planning education initiatives.
- Stimulate collaboration between financial planning practitioners and departmental faculty.
There are four areas where you may direct your gift. Examples of what your gift supports are below.
- Program travel and meals for business students
- Student contest prizes and awards
- Youth outreach events
- Office enhancements
- Future expansion
- Adds to Sanford endowment
- Interest earned goes to:
- Office staff salaries and benefits
- Regular program expenses/operating budget
- Academic awards to business students
- Fees for summer camps and workshops for community members who demonstrate need