Western Michigan University's Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness addresses various aspects of financial literacy and planning by:
- Promoting financial wellness and financial planning throughout the greater Kalamazoo community through workshops, seminars and summer camps.
- Fostering and enhancing the financial literacy of area high school students, college students and southwest Michigan communities.
- Providing financial coaching to students prior to key financial decisions via a network of experienced practitioners and student interns.
- Conducting and publishing research related to the impact of financial literacy and planning education initiatives.
- Stimulating collaboration between financial planning practitioners and departmental faculty.
- Submitting grants for research studies regarding college and retirement planning.
- Providing internship opportunities.
- Developing certificate programs.