Welcome to Western Michigan Institute, Guizhou University of Finance and Economics, which offers students attending Ghuizou (China) University of Finance and Economics a unique opportunity to earn a business degree from Western Michigan University. This B.B.A. degree program is taught by WMU professors at both Ghuizou University of Finance and Economics and Western Michigan University for select students studying accounting, financial, or electronic business marketing. These students travel to WMU’s main campus in Kalamazoo for advanced courses, typically during their junior or senior year.
When you enroll in the WMI bachelor of business administration program, you are taking the first steps to a world-class education and a career in global business. By studying in Kalamazoo, you will have access to the extensive resources of a large United States university like WMU. And, WMU’s reputation for business education enhances the value of a WMU degree.
- The University is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as one of 157 public research universities conducting research at the “higher” or “highest” levels.
- U.S. News & World Report has designated WMU in the top 11% of universities nationwide. The Haworth College of Business is also listed by U.S. News & World Report on their listing of best business schools.
- The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It is among a select 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
- Business faculty members are respected experts who bring industry knowledge, world-class research and instructional expertise to each classroom, offering WMI students a chance to learn from some of the best.
Advantages of completing your degree in the United States
"This is not only a dream—this is about the future you can achieve. From the time you decide to come to Western Michigan University in the United States to complete your degree, you are giving yourself the education you need to enter the international business stage. Gain a true global perspective and establish your professional talent to become a visionary leader. So, let us work hard together to make this dream come true so you will achieve your professional goals."
—Dr. Mike Tarn, Associate Dean of Western Michigan Institute.
Students who opt to study in Kalamazoo during their junior or senior years will earn their degree from Western Michigan University.
- Immerse yourself in U.S. culture as you gain foundational business knowledge as well as the major-specific, technical skills needed to succeed in global business careers.
- Take advantage of the multitude of elective courses available from WMU's main campus.
- Live in safe, on-campus housing where you will meet other WMU students from around the world, adding to the global experience.
- Explore United States business and culture in Kalamazoo, known for its educational institutions, thriving arts scene, and community events as well as local, regional and international businesses, including Stryker Corp. and Pfizer.
- Travel to nearby business hubs such as Chicago or relax on the shores of Michigan's Great Lakes. Major cities throughout the United States are just a short flight away.
- Following graduation, our graduate program advisors can support your efforts to enroll in the WMU Master of Science in Accountancy or Master of Business Administration program.