Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida, 1978
- M.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida, 1976
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Shiraz University, 1971
- Reliability and maintainability of machinery and equipment.
- Simulation of manufacturing process.
- Facilities layout and material handling.
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation (1999-2010).
- Has reviewed numerous manuscripts submitted for publication in journals.
- Had worked as the Editor of the International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science (IERGS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Industrial Engineering Honor Society (Alpha Pi Mu)
- Engineering Honor Society (Tau Beta Pi)
- Eta Epsilon Mu (Engineering Management Honor Society)
Has regularly taught the following undergraduate and graduate courses:
- IEE 3110 (Introduction to Operations Research)
- IEE 3300 (Simulation Modeling & Analysis)
- IEE 4010 (Entrepreneurial Engineering III: Facilities Planning & Logistics)
- IEE 4190 (IE Senior Design)
- IEE 5010 (Survey of Industrial Engineering Topics)
- IEE 6040 (Facilities Planning and Design)
- IEE 6080 (Reliability Engineering)
- IEE 6110 (Deterministic Methods in Operations Research)
- IEE 6300 (Advanced Simulation Modeling & Analysis)
R. Kamalapur, D. Lyth and A. Houshyar, “Benefits of CPFR and VMI Collaboration Strategies: a Simulation Study,” Journal of Operations and Supply Chain Management, Volume 6 Number 2 pp 59 – 73, Dec 2013.
Erik, Kostandyan, A. Houshyar, and L. Lamberson, “Time To failure For as K-Parallel R-Out-of-N System,” International Journal of Modeling & Simulation, Vol 30, Issue 4, 2010.
D. Kamalapurka, S. Kumar and A. Houshyar, “Selecting A Computerized Maintenance Management System,” AMMJ, Vol 20, No 2, pp 60-67, April 2007.
A. Houshyar, B. White, and B. Aller; “A Simulation Study: Workforce Management Strategy,” International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, Accepted for publication Sept 2007.
D. Meade; S. Kumar, and A. Houshyar, “Financial Analysis of a Theoretical Lean manufacturing Implementation Using Hybrid Simulation Modeling,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol 25, No 2, 2006.