The student(s) must have:
- A product or service that is unique, innovative, and has a clear market need.
- Proof of concept or working prototype to show.
- The product can use existing technology or involve modification of existing technology for a creative new product or service.
- The technology can be, but does not need to be, brand new technology or necessarily “high tech.”
- A well-developed business plan is not required, but it is expected that the student(s) have an understanding about the unmet need and the opportunity.
- A 24- by 36-inch poster board will be required on competition day and must convey information including, but not limited to, the following:
- a description of product or service and its operation.
- benefits of the product or service.
- market for the product or service.
- competitive advantage.
- It is recommended that visuals be simple, clear, and effective with good use of tables, charts and/or pictures.