Candidates shall meet all job expectations and demonstrate dedication to outstanding service. The following examples, while not all-inclusive, can be used as a guide.
- Projecting a positive attitude.
- Promoting a positive image of Western Michigan University.
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Finding innovative solutions to problems.
- Volunteering to serve on University committees.
- Finding ways to cut costs, eliminate waste and save time or money.
- Other examples of service over and above normal job responsibilities.
Award recipients are selected based upon nominators' comments, not on the individual's reputation, title or position. Nominators should provide specific information and use descriptive examples to assure candidates receive the full consideration deserved.