KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Fifteen staff members are in the running for Western Michigan University's Annual Make a Difference Award.
Members of the campus community have through Thursday, May 31, to submit documentation in support of the nominees for 2017-18.
The prestigious annual award goes to no more than four of the winners of each years' Semiannual Make a Difference Award. As such, they represent the best of the best among those who reach far beyond their assigned responsibilities to give generously and creatively of their time and talents to make the University an even finer place to work and study.
The four will receive a cash prize of $1,200 (before taxes) and be honored at WMU's 2018 Fall Convocation.
- Diana Blouin, College of Arts and Sciences
- Melanie Chapin-Lechner, Facilities Management-Landscape Services
- Laura Cornish, Department of Dance
- Katie DeCamp, Valley Dining Center
- Natalie Faculak, College of Fine Arts
- Brenda Hamlyn, Registrar's Office
- Susan Kramer, Facilities Management-building custodial and support
- Bette Ludwig, Department of Psychology
- Chris Praedel, Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Jeff Stone, Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Ewa Urban, Career and Student Employment Services
- Janice VandeVusse, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Connie Volenski, Department of Economics
- Ashleigh Watson, Lee Honors College
- Harmony Williams, College of Education and Human Development
For more information and a list of the annual award candidates, visit the Make a Difference Awards website.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.