KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Big ideas and bold initiatives marked Western Michigan University's 2018-19 academic year and they're still making a mark this summer. One of the most recent examples is the refreshed, modernized WMU News website unveiled in July.
The site's bigger, bolder format displays stories about the University in a more engaging and reader-friendly way. Managed by the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications, WMU News enables readers to easily stay up to date on the University's talented people, intriguing research, valuable service activities and much, much more.
The WMU News homepage spotlights a variety of stories from across the University that inform, educate and enthrall. It leads off with some of the site's most compelling stories and images.
The Latest News section, a collection of headlines and images, appears in close proximity. Check out this section for the most recent story postings, then click on its More News button to quickly go to the current month's entire story archive. Other news, features and images are highlighted on the remainder of the homepage, often in thematic groupings.
Tabs make navigating WMU News simple:
- Home always takes readers to the site's homepage.
- Events Calendar is a daily listing of events that are open to the public and are at least partially sponsored or organized by a sanctioned WMU entity.
- Year's Top News is an annual listing of major stories that developed through the calendar year.
- Archive is a monthly listing of WMU News stories dating back to the website's May 1997 inception.
- News Links provides a listing of helpful resources for finding more campus news and event information as well as a listing of major off-campus news media in the surrounding region.
- Contact Us is a convenient form for submitting questions, story ideas and other messages, and it includes information about how to contact WMU News.
Watch for more website changes in the future as WMU continues to strengthen its storytelling and enhance its communication operations. To connect with WMU News, write or call the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications at email@example.com or (269) 387-8400.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.