Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5439 USA
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 1977
- M.A., University of Florida, 1974
- B.A., University of Florida, 1972
- Behavior analysis
- Dissemination of behavior analysis
- Professional and research ethics
- Health psychology
- The management of health-related behaviors, including eating, exercise and various behaviors
- Training and dissemination of evidence based behavioral practices
- Developmental disabilities and functional assessment and analysis
Dr. Wayne Fuqua is a professor in the Department of Psychology at Western Michigan University, a member of the applied behavior analysis and clinical faculties, and the director of the Behavioral Medicine Laboratory.
Dr. Wayne Fuqua is a Professor of Psychology and the former chair of the Department of Psychology at Western Michigan University. He teaches courses and mentors graduate students in clinical psychology and behavior analysis. He conducts research across a range of areas including health psychology, ethics, developmental disabilities and evidence based practice. A Fellow of the Association for Behavior Analysis, International, Dr. Fuqua has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on applied behavior analysis. He has been a frequent speaker at national and regional conferences. He has collaborated with researchers from WMU’s Department of Sociology and Department of Philosophy on two NSF-funded projects on research ethics. He is actively involved with a number of community-based agencies that provide services to individuals diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental and physical disabilities. He was a member of the Michigan Autism Council and a co-founder of the WMU Autism Center of Excellence. He was recently honored with a Distinguished Service Award from Western Michigan University.