Summer Reading Camp, Summer ESL Camp, Fall 2016 Tutoring, and Spring 2017 Tutoring.
- Fall and spring semesters, September through April, noon to 7 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday
- Summer hours during May, June and August, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday
The McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic at Western Michigan University offers opportunities that will extend students' knowledge and expertise in reading, writing, and critical literacy skills with various kinds of texts. The McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic:
- Provides individual and small group literacy instruction to children in Kindergarten through 8th grade who may be experiencing reading or writing difficulties.
- Provides a trained and supportive staff of professionals to supervise undergraduate tutors who meet weekly with their students throughout the semester.
- Takes referrals from schools and families.
- Provides future teachers and master teachers with literacy practicum experiences in diagnostic teaching in a clinical setting by serving as an intern facility for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Offers reasonable tuition for quality services.