The Dorothy J. McGinnis Family Library offers over 4,000 diverse titles. Please see our Library Use Agreement below.
Library User Eligibility
Individuals who are eligible to use the library and library resources are:
- Current College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) faculty
- CEHD students who are currently registered in courses offered by the Department of Special Education and Literacy Studies.
- Parents of students (pre-kindergarten–eighth grade) who are enrolled in our programs for the current semester
- Approach any McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic staff member at the front desk.
- Present a valid ID (or alternative proof of current address).
- Complete a Patron Registration Form (available electronically below or on paper at the McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic ).
- Approach any McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic staff at the front desk with the books you wish to borrow.
- Provide your name.
- Borrow no more than 10 items at a time.
- Return books to the basket located at the front desk within the loan period.
Due Date Information
- The standard loan period for a book is 14 days.
- Patrons will receive an email reminder that their items are due 2 days prior to the due date.
- A book may be renewed for another 14 days, up to 2 times, provided there are no holds placed on the book in which you wish to renew.
- All books will be due by the Wednesday before WMU Final Exams week, regardless of check out date.
Overdue Books and Fines Procedures
- If items are not returned on time, patrons will receive subsequent reminders 2 days and 7 days after the due date.
- If a patron returns a late item within 14 days of the due date, there will be no late charge.
- If an item has not been received within 14 days after the due date, the patron will receive an email that includes an invoice for the current replacement cost of the book.
- Any patron returning a book over 14 days after the due date will be charged a $5 late fee.
- All book replacement and late fees must be paid online as a donation to the McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic or in exact change at the front desk.
- For returned items with major damage, the replacement cost of the item will be charged. Damage is considered major based on any of the following: missing and/or torn cover page, one missing and/or torn page, two or more partially torn pages, or scribbles and/or markups on five or more pages.
Conduct Within the Library
- Eating and drinking is not allowed, except in designated areas as determined by program staff.
- Leaving children inside the library unsupervised is prohibited.
- Moving library furniture and resources requires authorization from the McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic staff.
- Engaging in disruptive behavior, horseplay, or running is not allowed.
To browse or search our online catalog, please select the button below.
CREATING A PATRON ACCOUNT
To check out books from our library, please complete the Patron Registration Form below or in our office. Our coordinator will create an account for you using the information supplied. On your initial visit to the library, please remember to bring a valid ID or alternative proof of current address.