All Western Michigan University employees have access to an employee information portal in PeopleSoft Human Resources called "Self Service". The Payroll and Compensation section allows employees to view and print current and past pay advices, view and change direct deposit and W-4 tax information and view voluntary deductions they have elected. It also allows employees to view W-2 tax information and consent to receive their W-2 electronically. For questions related to the Payroll Employee Self Service functionality or navigation, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 9.2 Upgrade provides access to employees to edit and add direct deposit information through Self Service. To access this functionality, employees are required to authenticate themselves by providing the Routing and Transit numbers for their current net pay. Employees should confirm the current bank routing and transit number with their financial institution if a bank merger, acquisition or name change has occurred subsequent to direct deposit initial set up.
- The actual Internal Revenue Service and state specific W-4 forms are provided in Self Service to update Federal and State tax information. A state tax form is not required for states that do not collect income tax such as Florida.
- Accessibility to view pay advices, W-2 information, employee reimbursement data and consent to electronically view year end tax information is very similar to the current database.
- The upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 will require the current system be decommissioned and unavailable beginning Oct. 18 at 5:00 p.m. through Sunday, Oct. 22 at midnight. Both biweekly and semimonthly pay advices will be available as early as Friday, Oct. 13 to review wage data for the biweekly pay date of Oct. 17 and the semimonthly pay date of Oct. 20.
PeopleSoft 9.2 navigation
The 9.2 PeopleSoft Human Resources upgrade provides new features to the Payroll section of Employee Self Service providing a new and user friendly fluid tile format to help users navigate through their selections and will be available Oct. 23. Access the link below to obtain a glance of the new navigation:
Updated user's guides
- Employee Self Service Direct Deposit
- Employee Self Service Federal Tax Information
- Employee Self Service State Tax Information
sEMI-mONTHLY lEAVE NAVIGATION