• student with headphones working on a keyboard in class
  • Waldo Library
  • sculpture in front of fountains during the day

As a Western Michigan University vocal student, you may pursue a bachelor's degree in a variety of areas such as performance, music education, composition or music therapy. Graduate degrees that are offered include the Master of Music degree, a Master of Arts degree and a Graduate Certificate in Music Performance. For more information regarding the process, consult the Irving S. Gilmore School of Music's Graduate Studies webpage

Note that auditioning into the Irving S. Gilmore School of Music requires that you are accepted by both the University and the vocal program—two separate routes that you must follow to ensure your admission. Please see the appropriate links for more information on the vocal audition requirements.