PSSO is pleased that you decided to work in an institution of higher education such as Western Michigan University. With their diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the university community.
- Upcoming Events:
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 12:15-1:15 p.m. in 211 Bernhard Center, Western Wellness is hosting a heart healthy February presentation. They will be focusing on cardiac health, nutrition, and fitness. RSVP's are due by Feb. 13.
- Second, on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at noon-1 p.m. in 105 & 106 Bernhard Center, Human Resources will be hosting a workshop called Social Security Pre-Retirement Planning.
- On Feb. 7 at noon in 157-158 Bernhard Center, Emotional Intelligence Promoter, Darby Fetzer, presented Resilence for those Rough Days for February's PSSO General Meeting.
- The website committee is looking for a volunteer to serve as author for the organization's website. Duties would include creating webpages, editing current content, and serving as back up publisher. CMS experience is helpful, but not required. If interested, contact Amber Hutson, website committee chair.
- At the December General Meeting, Becky Argue, a representative from Holtyn Associates, spoke with members about essential oils and their many uses. She also provided a handout describing the uses of a few common essential oils.
Calling all PSSO members! We are trying something new as a way of introductions of our members. Please contact Vicky Crawford with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and check out our Facebook page for your photo to show up!
Any PSSO member or dependent of a current PSSO member that are enrolled in at least three credit hours and have a minimum of 2.5 GPA overall at the time of the application, are encouraged to apply for the PSSO Education Assistance Fund Scholarship. The deadline is coming up fast so get your application into Vicky Crawford (mail stop 5426) soon!
- We are currently seeks PSSO eligible members to serve on the Membership Committee. If you are interested in serving on this or anything committee, send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Awards Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!