The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- PSSO Constitution and Bylaws - Revisions to the PSSO Bylaws and Constitution have been approved by membership. Thank you to all involved with this process and for your input!
- Membership Renewal - We are now accepting applications for membership renewals and new membership for the 2018-19 academic year. Applications can also be submitted online if you wish to pay with a credit card.
- Executive Board Election - The 2018-19 Executive Board has been elected. Thank you to all who took the time to vote! Congratulations to Kim Feenstra, Khanh Hoang, Amber Hutson, Patrick Northop, Shannon Rininger, Terri Simmons, Beth van den Hombergh, Cindy VanderWoude, and Pat Wilcox.
- New Treasurer - Thank you and congratulations to Paige Warner who accepted an exempt position for the Graduate College. She has, according to PSSO's Bylaws, stepped down as Treasurer. She will remain on the Executive Board until the end of June. Khanh Hoang, current Member-at-Large has accepted the appointment of Treasurer for the remainder of the term. Thank you Khanh!
- Mentor/Mentee Program - PSSO is looking to begin a mentor/mentee program to connect new WMU employees with current employees as a "go-to" person. If you're interested in becoming a mentor or would like a mentee, contact Beth van den Hombergh.
- PSSO Education Assistance Fund - The drawings for the 2018-19 academic year winners took place at our February general meeting. Two recipients each for the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters were selected. If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Crawford. Congratulations to Mary Ramlow, Sarah Rasnake, Tina Thompson, and Brittney Young, this academic year's winners.
- Western Wellness - The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members! We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Vicky Crawford with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up!
- Volunteers Needed - We are currently seeking PSSO eligible members to serve on the Membership Committee. If you are interested in serving on this or any committee, send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Join Us - Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!