The Western Michigan University accountancy programs are part of the Haworth College of Business which is among:
- An elite group of fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- A select one percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The Department of Accountancy is housed, along with the rest of the college of the business, in Schneider Hall on WMU's main campus in Kalamazoo. The facility, named for founding dean Dr. Arnold Schneider, is adjacent to the Fetzer Center, forming a unique and outstanding business education complex.
The Department of Accountancy provides a challenging educational environment that:
- Prepares students for careers in accounting.
- Encourages faculty to develop professionally and intellectually.
- Promotes participation in activities that support the profession, the University and the community.
Enrollment: Spring 2020
Degrees awarded 2019-20
Points of pride
Beta Alpha Psi
Western Michigan University's chapter of Beta Alpha Psi has received the “superior status” rating in 36 of the last 41 years. Accomplishments include:
- Volunteering for VITA/Tax Counseling Initiative which consisted of assisting local Kalamazoo county residents with free tax preparation.
- Many members of WMU’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi (Gamma Rho) attend the organization’s Midwest Regional Meetings.
- Weekly meetings include presentations from firms and companies, STAR interview training, mock interviews and panel discussions with members who have had internships and taken the CPA exam.
- Participating in numerous volunteer activities, including the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission and Habitat for Humanity.