The Western Michigan University accountancy programs are part of the Haworth College of Business which is among:
- An elite group of fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- A select one percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The Department of Accountancy is housed, along with the rest of the college of the business, in Schneider Hall on WMU's main campus in Kalamazoo. The facility, named for founding dean Dr. Arnold Schneider, is adjacent to the Fetzer Center, forming a unique and outstanding business education complex.
The Department of Accountancy provides a challenging educational environment that:
- Prepares students for careers in accounting.
- Encourages faculty to develop professionally and intellectually.
- Promotes participation in activities that support the profession, the University and the community.
Enrollment: Spring 2020
Degrees awarded 2019-20
Points of pride
- 9 of 10 grads were employed or in graduate school within three months of earning their degrees.
- 9 of 10 grads had a job related to their degree and were satisfied with their job.
- Western Michigan University's chapter of Beta Alpha Psi has received the "superior status" rating nearly every year since it was founded in the 1970's.
- WMU Haworth recently reactivated the student chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants, which helps bridge the opportunity gap for Black professionals in accounting, finance and related business professions.
- Two accountancy students received highly competitive $10,000 scholarships from the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in both 2019 and 2020.