- July 2020 - Awarded a 1-year grant from the Michigan Translational Research and Commercialization (MTRAC) Innovation Hub for Advanced Transportation. The project is focused on extending the operational domain of driver assistance and autonomous driving systems to provide safe vehicle operation in inclement weather
- June 2020 - Awarded a 6-month grant from the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) program. The project provides experiential education to help our lab gain valuable insight into developing a start-up company and working with automotive businesses.
- January 2020 - Awarded a grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation to develop and pilot four semi-autonomous and teleoperational 2019 Kia Niros for media attendees of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, MI as part of the Michigan Mobility Challenge. It is a collaboration with FEV North America Inc. (lead), DriveU, and PolySync.
- January 2020 - Awarded a 1 year Technology Development Fund Award to develop safe autonomous vehicle operation in inclement weather
- October 2019 - WMU Autonomous Vehicle Project featured in several media outlets
July 2019 - Awarded a 1 year grant Faculty Research and Creative Activities Award to investigate In-Motion Wireless Power Transfer for Electric Vehicles
- January 2019 - Awarded a 1 year grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation to develop and pilot two autonomous electric shuttles on WMU campus for students with disabilities. It is a collaboration with Pratt & Miller Engineering (lead), Robotic Research, Comet Mobility, Easterseals, the University of Michigan, and Kevadiya.
December 2018 - Awarded a 2 year grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to research mobility and energy improvements from vehicle and traffic control. It is a collaboration with Colorado State University (lead), the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the city of Fort Collins, the city of Denver, and the clean cities coalition.
- July 2018 - The MCO Lab was awarded an NVIDIA GPU Grant to investigate autonomous vehicle control and fuel economy.